Subject: We want climate coverage.
We want to see climate change coverage. There is plenty of positive as well as negative news. We think this is much more important than Trump’s latest tweet, so we think you should be covering it.
We can suggest some topics. You could do a minute or two on:
- Cities and countries doing the most to combat global warming.
- The impact of climate change on future food prices.
- Cities that will be drowned by global warming.
- Declining real estate values on the U.S. coastlines.
- Solutions and ways to stop global warming.
- The climate scientists and activists who are fighting the fight daily: the heroes.
We are well past knowing that humans are causing the increase in greenhouse gases that are being dumped into the atmosphere. But which humans are we talking about? Could it be the board of director humans at Exxon-Mobil? How about the executive humans at Chevron? Or the bunch of humans over at the American Petroleum Institute.
Oops! These are your advertisers! Now we understand why you are pussyfooting around on global warming coverage. The oil companies will pull their ads!
But wait a minute! All of the serious presidential candidates are refusing to take fossil fuel money. And they need money a lot more than you do! So what’s the deal? We bet your bean counters are telling you, “We can’t refuse a revenue stream because of principles! What would the stockholders say?“
We have an idea: Why don’t you poll the stockholders and find out?
What if they say, "Fossil fuel money!? We don't need no stinking fossil fuel money!"
Then you could do some really important stories on:
- The industry that funds the climate denialists.
- The industry that prevents climate legislation from being enacted in the U.S. Senate.
- The industry whose products are largely responsible for global warming.
- The industry that does a whole catalog of deeds which are harmful, destructive and otherwise compromising to the environment that we would like to live in.
Meanwhile, you could at least do a puff piece about the plucky Ugandans’ new solar technology.
Anything but complete silence on a problem that threatens pretty much the entire population of the world.
Step up, guys
Concerned citizens who
are fed up with the
oil companies controlling
Have the intestinal fortitude to blame the real culprits.
Just copy and paste the letter in the comment or description box.
Send to MSNBC here.
Send to NBC here.
Send to CNN here.